ASHG honors excellence in the field through a variety of awards programs annually. From prestigious awards for outstanding achievements in the field to supporting the next generation of geneticists through merit-based travel grants to ASHG’s annual meeting, ASHG promotes the work of its members across the span of their careers.
- ASHG Professional Awards – ASHG’s Annual prestigious awards celebrating geneticists for accomplishments in advocacy, mentorship, education, and more. The recipients will be announced in mid-July. Stay tuned for plans to celebrate their achievements during the Virtual Meeting!
- Charles J. Epstein Trainee Awards for Excellence in Human Genetics Research – merit-based awards for predoc and post doc trainees selected through abstract submissions. Semi-Finalists will be announced in August and Finalists will be chosen later in the fall.
- C.W. Cotterman Award – AJHG Awards announced in September.
- Developing Country Awards – these awardees receive complimentary registration and their posters will be highlighted during the meeting.
- Human Genetics Scholars Initiative – This 2-year program supports high-potential, diverse early-career individuals with career support including mentoring and enrichment funds.
We will celebrate award recipients virtually this year. Further details to come.