Due September 18, 1:00 pm US Eastern Time
This year for the late-breaking session we only welcome abstracts related to the genetics of COVID-19 disease and/or the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2). Click here to learn more.
After the June 15 deadline, abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee, plus three independent reviewers for each topic category. The Committee programs abstracts as follows:
- Abstracts are reviewed to ensure they have been submitted to the correct topic category. If not, the abstract is moved to a more appropriate topic, where it can be reviewed by the appropriate experts.
- Each abstract is reviewed by four reviewers. This review step is blinded and strictly confidential. Each reviewer scores the abstracts independently, without knowledge of the name(s) and institution(s) of the submitter(s) or the scores given by the other reviewers.
- In July, the Program Committee meets to assign abstracts to Plenary, Platform, and Poster Sessions based on the cumulative score as well as the impact of the science and the balance of topics for ASHG’s multi-disciplinary audience.
- The top-scoring abstracts from each Main Topic are considered for inclusion in the Plenary Sessions (6-10 abstracts are selected).
- Approximately 8% (approximately 360) of the abstracts are selected for oral, Platform Sessions. The majority of Platform Sessions are organized around specific themes and are intended to be focused, cohesive, and informative. When possible, the Program Committee will also design multi-disciplinary and/or cross-topic Platform Sessions.
- The remaining accepted abstracts are assigned to posters, and the top-scoring poster abstracts (approximately 10%) are awarded the Reviewers’ Choice designation. A subset of the Reviewers’ Choice is highlighted during the Poster Talks in advance of the Poster Sessions.
- The Program Committee reserves the right to decline a presentation to any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or that merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
Confirmations have been sent to authors. Abstracts are programmed into the following session types:
- Featured Plenary Abstract Talks
- Concurrent Platform (Oral) Sessions
- Poster Sessions
First (presenting) authors are expected to register and attend the ASHG 2020 Virtual Meeting.
Substitution of the first (presenting) author in platform and plenary presentations requires prior written approval from the Program Committee Chair.
Abstracts selected for presentation will be available on September 8, 2020. The meeting website will include a searchable program and an individualized meeting itinerary planner after the abstracts have been posted online.
All content being presented at the ASHG 2020 Virtual Meeting will be embargoed until the date and start time of the presentation. Please review the Embargo Guidelines and Abstract Licensing Agreement/Copyright Policy for more information.