Shared Interest Groups are where you can actively Connect, Communicate, and Collaborate with fellow ASHG members who share similar ideas and interests.
The Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) have been brought forward thanks to the work of ASHG’s Membership Engagement Committee. The Committee has stressed the importance of being able to communicate with peers professionally and the SIGs were implemented. Each SIG hosts an in-person meet up at the ASHG Annual Meeting each year. We hope that through these meet ups, you will form new, stronger professional and personal connections within the scientific community.
There are currently three Shared Interest Groups (SIGs). Members may join one or more SIG:
- Bioinformatics and Computational Methods
- Mission: The Bioinformatics & Computational Approaches SIG is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Computational Approaches, Combining methods together (GWAS with RNAseq with ATAC-seq, etc.), Statistical Genetics, Informatics, Polygenic risk scores.
- Phenotypes & Genotypes
- Mission: The Phenotypes & Genotypes SIG is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Medical genomics, Clinical utility of genomic diagnostics, Variant curation and interpretation research and validation, Gene discovery, Animal models.
- Emerging Laboratory Technologies
- Mission: The Emerging Laboratory Technologies SIG is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Wet Lab Approaches, Advances in functional genomics, Omics (molecular effects of variants) technologies, Biological mechanisms, Gene editing/Sequencing technologies.
Sign up for a SIG today following these instructions.
Current ASHG Members:
- Complete the SIG Signup Form.
- Indicate which SIGs you would like to join and click Submit.
- You will receive any relevant SIG information via email including information about the meet ups at the ASHG Annual Meeting.
- In order to access the SIGs, you will need to become a member.
- Navigate here to join or renew your membership.
- Once you have selected your membership type, you will be asked if you want to add anything additional to your membership. This is where you can select which SIG you want to join.