The ASHG 2020 Annual Meeting Online Planner is best used on a desktop or laptop computer. Use the online planner to view the entire Meeting program, filter by session type, day and CME, or search for specific sessions or presenters. Search the planner with the familiar power of Google-style searches. Include up to five search terms to create better search specifics. Select the title of a session in your search results to read the abstract for the session, review disclosure information, view the learner outcomes, and review any materials uploaded by presenters.
ASHG would like to gratefully acknowledge the 2020 Abstract Reviewers for their expertise, hard work, and dedication. Their time and effort in reviewing abstracts have been essential to ensuring the high quality of our programming, and their assistance is greatly appreciated.
All sessions will be reviewed, and if eligible, will be awarded Continuing Education Credit for CME, and CEU hours for Non-physicians. P.A.C.E® approved sessions will also be provided.
Online Planner Tips:
- For detailed information on how to use the Online Planner, see the Online Program Planner Tutorial
- Use the filters on the home page to search across sessions types, dates and CME availability.
- Use the Sessions tab to filter among session types and dates.
- Use the Speakers tab to view speakers listed in the session results.
- Create an account and log in to optimize your experience by saving your content.
For questions or issues relating to the Online Planner or ASHG conference program sessions, contact us at email@example.com.
For a list of specific session types, please click on the links below:
- Invited Sessions are developed and proposed by ASHG members around a particular topic of interest and run in concurrent timeslots. Typically, they include four talks and an optional introduction of the topic.
- Invited Workshops are developed and proposed by ASHG members. They are interactive and frequently feature commonly used software or broadly applicable skills that ASHG members need to master.
- The ASHG/ESHG Building Bridges Session is programmed each year by the PCCs for each society. They work together on a topic in genetics of interest to both societies and coordinate the selection of speakers. The session is presented at each Society’s Annual Meeting and does not have to be identical in terms of content.
- Abstract-driven sessions are built by the PC from abstracts submitted and constitute the majority of sessions at the ASHG meeting. All abstracts submitted are evaluated by a total of 4 reviewers for inclusion in the following session-types:
- Featured Plenary Abstract Sessions include a diverse set of presentations selected from the top-rated abstracts and, as the name implies, do not run concurrent with any other presentation on the program.
- Platform Sessions are concurrent sets of abstract-driven talks grouped together by a central theme. They feature approximately the top 10% of abstracts submitted.
- Poster Viewings are dedicated times when attendees can view poster presenters. Posters remain in the virtual poster hall throughout the conference and are available for up to 12 months. Posters are presented by authors of accepted abstracts that are not selected for a Plenary or Platform Session.
- Poster Talks give attendees a sneak peek at some of the top-scoring posters across a variety of topics through rapid-fire presentations. The presenters still present at Poster Sessions.
- Special Sessions are plenary sessions thay vary each year. Past examples include the Presidential Symposium (organized by the ASHG President), Distinguished Speaker Symposium (organized by the Program Committee Chair [PCC] in consultation with the PC), and Late-Breaking Session (programmed through submitted abstracts).
- Award Presentations are scheduled at the Virtual Meeting for various prestigious ASHG awards and usually occur around Featured Plenary Abstract Sessions. This year Award Presentations are available On-Demand and accessible throughout the conference.
- Ancillary Events are non-ASHG-sponsored events held during the official Annual Meeting dates. Examples include business meetings, social gatherings, receptions, committee meetings, product demonstrations, and guest speaker sessions. These events may not conflict with any sessions built by the PC. Events will be in planner in early October.
- CoLabs are 30-45 minute tech-focused sessions by industry highlighting the latest in technology, services, and innovation. These may include case studies, patient perspectives, and best practices. CoLabs keep you up-to-date on the latest technology powering discoveries in genetics and genomics! Available topics in late September.
- Career/Professional Development Day is a full day of professional development panel sessions, workshops, mentor chats, networking opportunities and career planning tools. Featured events will include a publications workshop, career paths discussions, career advice and learn how to be a good mentor and/or mentee. All career types and levels are welcome.
- Industry Education Events are non-ASHG-sponsored events held during the official Annual Meeting dates. They are 90-minute, scientific-driven presentations organized by industry. Industry education events will be on the Online Planner in late September.