Resource-Limited (formerly known as Developing Country) Awards help defray the costs of ASHG Annual Meeting participation for individuals living in resource-limited countries categorized by the World Bank as having low income or lower middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries). To be considered for the award, you must:
1) submit an abstract by the June 8 deadline,
2) affirm your desire to be considered for the award, and
3) confirm your residency in a country designated by the World Bank as low or lower middle-income.
The ASHG Program Committee will select award recipients based on the quality of submitted abstracts and applicant financial needs. Award recipients receive up to $3,000 for meeting-related travel expenses, complimentary meeting registration, and complimentary membership. Priority is given to those applicants who have not received a resource-limited award in the previous year.
To be awarded a Resource-Limited Award, nominees must:
- Live in a country categorized by the World Bank as having low-income or lower-middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries).
- Submit an abstract by the June deadline and affirm your desire to be considered for the award.
- Attend the in-person Annual Meeting the year the award is won.
2022 Resource Limited Awardees