Resource-Limited (formerly know as Developing Country) Awards help defray the costs of ASHG Annual Meeting participation for individuals living in resource-limited countries categorized by the World Bank as having low income or lower middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries). To be considered for the award, you must:
1) submit an abstract by the June 9 deadline,
2) affirm your desire to be considered for the award, and
3) confirm your residency in a country designated by the World Bank as low or lower middle-income.
The ASHG Program Committee will select award recipients based on the quality of submitted abstracts and applicant financial needs. Award recipients receive up to $3,000 for meeting-related travel expenses, complimentary meeting registration, and complimentary membership.
Priority is given to those applicants who have not received a resource-limited (previously known as developing country) award in the previous year. However, recognizing that 2020 & 2021 awardees were unable to have the same benefits as those who won before the pandemic, ASHG encourages all 2020 & 2021 awardees to apply in 2022. Starting in 2023, ASHG will resume giving priority to those applicants who have not received an award in the previous year.
Thank you to our partners for their support of the Resource-Limited Awards.
To be awarded a Resource-Limited Award, nominees must:
- Live in a country categorized by the World Bank as having low-income or lower-middle-income economies (see the list of eligible countries)
- Submit an abstract by the June deadline and affirm your desire to be considered for the award
- Attend the in-person meeting