Attending ASHG22: Proof of Vaccination Required
With ASHG’s in-person Exhibit Hall being put on a long pause due to the pandemic, now is the perfect time to review your exhibiting program and make adjustments to ensure you are positioned for greater success going forward.ASHG Exhibitor Tools Exhibitor Success & ROI Center by Competitive Edge Training
ASHG Exhibitor Tools
Manage My BoothLog in to the ASHG Exhibitor Console
- View your booth space assignment
- Make payments and print receipts
- Enter and edit company description and product/service keywords
- And more!
Manage Registrations and Housing
- Reserve Housing
- Exhibitors who wish to hold a group block of 10 or more rooms must contract with the official ASHG hotels directly. See the Hotel Information and Reservations page for details, and contact email@example.com for the hotel group sales contacts.
- When exhibitors and attendees book at official ASHG hotels, it gives ASHG negotiating power in future cities for better rates from convention center rental to hotel rates. Your loyalty and cooperation is greatly appreciated!
- Register Booth Staff
- Visit your Exhibitor Console here in our A2Z Events portal and follow the link “Register Personnel” to register your booth staff and guests. Visa letters are available through this portal; follow the prompts in the form for each person requiring a visa.
- Important Registration Update for ASHG 2022
- To better provide for the health and safety of ASHG’s attendees, exhibitors, staff, and volunteers, admittance to the Los Angeles Convention Center is restricted to guests who register in advance and meet the health and safety criteria outlined on our Health & Safety page. Anyone who has not registered for the Annual Meeting in advance will not be able to attend ASHG events held at the Los Angeles Convention Center, including speakers and guests who will only be attending specific industry events or visiting the exhibit hall. Exhibitors wishing to invite guests to visit your booth or attend your industry events at the convention center may register them using the complimentary scientific or exhibitor guest badges included with your booth rental; additional exhibitor guest badges will available for purchase through our registration portal once your allotment is used. (Pricing and more information regarding the guest registration and health verification process will be available in summer 2022.) Exhibitor badges do not permit entry into scientific sessions. All attendees, exhibitors, and guests must be registered with their own badge, and badges may not be shared, altered, or exchanged.
Manage My Display
- ASHG Inline Booth Space Overview – what to expect and how to prepare your reserved exhibit space
- Freeman Exhibitor Service Manual (ESM) – order carpet, furniture, lead retrieval, internet, etc.
- Designate Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs) for display labor
- Submit Booth Giveaways, Food & Bev Requests, and Activities
- Exclusive Services: The following services are provided exclusively by the vendors noted below at the Los Angeles Convention Center. No outside contractor may provide these services at the convention center, and violations are subject to fines and/or removal of the offending materials, services, or staff. More information is available in the Freeman ESM.
- Booth Cleaning (vacuuming, porter service): Freeman
- Catering / Food & Beverage: Taste Los Angeles, Powered by Levy
- Electrical and Utilities (compressed air, water/drainage, etc.): Freeman
- Rigging (hanging signs, etc.): Freeman
- TV and Telecommunications (internet, wifi, cable TV, etc.): Smart City
Market My Booth
- Advertising and Sponsorship Opportunities to promote your booth onsite
- Exhibitor Marketing Kit to promote your meeting participation in email and on social media (including custom social media banners)
- ASHG 2022 Media Kit for year-round advertising opportunities
Exhibitor Scam Alerts
Please be aware of unofficial contractors attempting to sell to ASHG exhibitors. New deceptive tactics are always developing, so use your best judgment and reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to report suspicious contacts.
Too often, unsanctioned groups, such as Global Housing Corp or Convention Housing Services based in Henderson, Nevada, send solicitation emails and direct calls to ASHG exhibitors. They typically offer discounted hotel reservations during the ASHG Annual Meeting. Please be advised that all exhibitors and attendees must book their rooms and room blocks directly with the official hotels listed on the ASHG website. We strongly discourage any exhibitor conducting business with either company, as there have been numerous fraudulent reports.
The most common solicitation you will receive is the offer of an email list for pre-registered ASHG 2022 attendees. ASHG does not sell, rent, or share contact/lead lists of members or meeting attendees. None of these companies are legitimate, and any solicitations for ASHG mailing lists are scams and are in no way endorsed, promoted, or protected by ASHG. Contact email@example.com for advertising and sponsorship options to reach ASHG meeting attendees.
ASHG exhibitors should be aware of any external vendors contacting them regarding an “Expo Guide” for the ASHG Annual Meeting. Many of you may be familiar with this exhibits scam, but please be on the look out for anyone soliciting for a free entry in an Expo Guide. Expo Guide is an organization based in Mexico that deceives people into signing up to their online expo directory at www.expo-guide.com before sending them an extortionate bill. View more information, including sample letters.
Please contact ASHG if you are unsure of the origin of any email regarding the 2022 Annual Meeting. Official vendors will have their contact information and official forms in the Freeman ESM.
Exhibitor Success & ROI Center by Competitive Edge Training
Get Control Step 2:
Plan to Win Step 3:
Watch & Learn Step 4:
Read & Learn Step 5:
Ask the Experts
ASHG’s Exhibitor Success & ROI Center (ESRC) is your FREE, on-demand, 24/7 exhibiting knowledge resource. You’ll find more than $10,000 of proven, effective knowledge resources to help you make sure every dollar and every hour you invest in exhibiting supports your core business objectives and delivers measurable, financial value beyond cost.
Follow this proven-effective 5-step exhibitor success program to revitalize your re-entry to live exhibiting!
STEP 1. GET CONTROL: Download FREE Planning, Cost Control & Measurement Tools
- Tradeshow Planning & Management Tool (Excel Spreadsheet)
- Exhibit Budgeting & Cost Control Tool (Excel spreadsheet)
- Exhibiting & Financial Performance Measurement Tool (Excel spreadsheet)
STEP 2. PLAN TO WIN: Complete 5 Strategic Planning Exercises at Target Timeframes:
- Define Your Outcomes – 16-20 weeks prior
- Manage Your Visitor’s Experience – 12-16 weeks prior
- Identify & Attract Your Ideal Visitors – 6-12 weeks prior
- Manage Your Leads – 4-6 weeks prior
- Measure Your Performance & ROI– 4 weeks prior and update after show
STEP 3. WATCH & LEARN: On-Demand Topical Webinars:
On-Demand Webinar from June 28: THRIVE LIVE! How to Successfully Re-Enter Live Exhibiting Better Than Before
Download the THRIVE LIVE Interactive Workbook now and Watch Here:
The excitement is building for the grand re-opening of the ASHG Annual Meeting! With the pandemic shutting down live exhibitions for an extended period, chances are your exhibiting strategies could use a little tune-up as you prepare to re-enter in 2022. Now is the perfect time to look back, re-imagine and improve your exhibiting strategies with safety, improved productivity and ROI as top priorities. In this strategic exhibitor educational session, 30+ year expo veteran and North America’s leading exhibiting productivity expert, Jefferson Davis of Competitive Edge, will introduce you to the Exhibit Marketing Process. This proven-effective process will help you assess your current/previous level of execution and identify specific areas to focus on as you prepare for your successful return to live expos. The ASHG event team will provide event updates along with current health and safety initiatives.
On-Demand Webinar from September 14: Countdown to ASHG Annual Meeting Success: How to Attract More Visitors, Interact Better and Capture Higher Quality Leads
Download the COUNTDOWN TO ASHG SUCCESS Interactive Workbook now and Watch Here:
As the scientific community re-enters live events, there are likely to be changes in their attitudes and behaviors around exhibitors. It will be more important than ever for exhibitors to have a well-organized marketing plan to put visiting their booth “in the mind” and “on the agenda” of the right attendees. It will be equally important that your booth staff be prepared to engage and interact with visitors in what is likely to be a different exhibiting environment, and be able to capture high quality leads. Leading exhibiting productivity expert, Jefferson Davis of Competitive Edge, will walk you through exactly what you can do to drive enough of the right people to your booth before the doors open and will provide specific staff interaction skills along with lead quality improvement techniques.
STEP 4. READ & LEARN: Topical Articles Provide Additional Insights and Ideas:
Plan for Success:
- How to Prepare to Re-Enter Live Exhibiting Better Than Before
- Two Important Outcomes Your Exhibit Should Deliver
- Planning to Win-Exhibiting by Objectives
Promote Your Participation:
- Ensuring Your Exhibit Gets Enough Traffic – Even If Attendance is Down a Little
- Discover & Deliver Your Attendee-Focused Value Proposition
- High-Impact Pre-Show Marketing
- How to Rewrite Your Exhibitor Listing To Drive Booth Traffic
- Making Sponsorships Support Business Objectives and Deliver More Value
Create an Effective Exhibit:
- Planning for Staff & Visitor Safety In Your Booth
- So Why Should an Attendee Visit Your Booth?
- A Worthy Destination: How to Design a More Effective Booth
Prepare Your Staff:
- Preparing Your Booth Staff for Interacting With Visitors in the Wake of a Pandemic
- How Many People Should Staff Your Booth?
- Staffing for Success
- Tradeshow Attendee Rules of Engagement
Manage Your Leads:
- CEIR Industry Insight Report: How Exhibitors Can Improve Lead Quality and Sales Conversion
- Improving Lead Quality by Asking the Right Questions and Capturing More Information
- Closed-Loop Lead Management
Measure Your Performance & ROI:
- Three Important Questions Your Boss Might Ask You About Your Tradeshow Program
- Exhibit Measurement Made Easy
STEP 5. ASK the Tradeshow Experts – Email Q&A
ASHG made special arrangements with tradeshow productivity expert, Jefferson Davis and his team to answer any exhibiting productivity questions you may have. Please take advantage of this FREE service to get quick expert answers to your most pressing productivity questions and challenges. Submit your question now!