ASHG is committed to providing access for attendees and speakers. If you require accommodations in order to participate, please contact us in advance of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request, using the phrase “ADA Accommodations for ASHG 2022” in the subject line. Advance notice must be provided by September 15 to allow time to explore accommodations, especially for attendees who may require sign language services. If you have difficulty in walking long distances, consider renting a scooter from Scoot Around. They will deliver your scooter to your hotel and pick it up when you no longer need it. For more details, visit www.scootaround.com or call (888) 441-7575.
Guidelines for Accessibility in Presentations
To make PowerPoint presentations accessible, please adhere to the following guidelines when creating your presentations:
- 16:9 PowerPoint presentation
- Use the PowerPoint default font of 44-point bold font for headings
- Use 32-point font or higher for bullets
- Include no more than 6 lines of text on each slide
- Describe the content of graphic slides orally during their presentation
- Have sufficient text descriptions of graphs and tables for presentations posted online or sent digitally
- Describe slides briefly. Example: “This slide covers these three key points…”, “This graph illustrates these key points.”
- Avoid pointing to something on the slide and using words like “this, that, these, and those,” unless you indicate what “this” means. Example: “This map shows…” (not “This shows…”). People who can’t see you pointing to a slide don’t know what “this” used alone means.
- Add closed captions or subtitles to media in PowerPoint: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-closed-captions-or-subtitles-to-media-in-powerpoint-df091537-fb22-4507-898f-2358ddc0df18
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact meetings staff at email@example.com.