All scientific sessions, exhibits, posters, and meeting offices will be located at the LACC.
Address: 1201 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
About Los Angeles
Los Angeles, California is the entertainment capital of the world, offering myriad attractions and activities: movie studios, L.A. Live, the Sunset Strip, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Pier, landmark museums, world-famous theme parks, wineries, breweries, outdoor activities, exciting nightlife, Hollywood, great restaurants and much more. Visit Discover Los Angeles to plan time for recreation after the meeting is over.
October Weather in Los Angeles: 79°F average high, 60°F average low.
Currency: U.S. dollar, credit cards, debit cards and travelers’ checks are widely accepted. See Currency Converter for details on current exchange rates.
Taxes: Sales Tax=9.5%, Hotel Tax=14%.
Time Zone: U.S. Pacific Daylight Time is 8 hours behind Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-8).
Getting to Los Angeles
The main airport in Los Angeles, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), is roughly 10 miles from Downtown L.A. and easily accessible via car or public transportation. It is the third-busiest airport in the United States, with flights to and from almost anywhere. LAX is in the process of a multi-billion-dollar capital improvement program that improves service, enhances convenience and modernizes operations. This includes the $1.9 billion new Tom Bradley International Terminal (TBIT), with 60 new dining and luxury retail shops that showcase the best of L.A. cuisine, culture and lifestyle.
The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) makes it easy for visitors to use public transportation to get around L.A. It operates 2,200 buses and six rail lines, including a subway with service from Downtown to Hollywood in about 15 minutes. Whether you’re interested in seeing the stars along the legendary Hollywood Walk of Fame, enjoying the beach at Santa Monica or shopping in Old Town Pasadena, Metro can take you there.
Getting to the Convention Center
- Metro Rail and Metro Bus
- Take the Metro Blue or Expo Line to the Pico Station, directly across from the LACC
- To find the most convenient route for you, use the Metro Trip Planner or contact Metro at (323) GO METRO.
- Dash Bus
- DASH Bus Route F has several stops on Figueroa St. adjacent to LACC and LA Live. For details on DASH service, go to ladottransit.com.
- Metrolink Regional Rail System
- You can avoid traffic and get to the LACC from Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Riverside and Ventura counties, as well as the Antelope, San Fernando and Perris valleys by taking a Metrolink train. Check out our schedules here and download the Metrolink Mobile App here.
- Click the image below for map details.