One of the most exciting features of the show floor is the addition of Networking Lounges and Educational Theaters. They are located in the Exhibit Hall and called CoLaboratories: built especially for collaboration. Industry wants to share its most recent discoveries and collaborate with the rest of the genetics community – don’t miss these opportunities to collaborate!Sign Up
Each CoLaboratory session, CoLab for short, will be categorized into these high-level themes:
- Clinical: features programming regarding clinical applications in research or for physicians or genetic counselors, and any topics related to diseases and treatments.
- Laboratory: covers anything related to the laboratory: equipment, sequencing, technology, workflows, etc.
- Data: focuses on big data and software applications for genetics professionals.
- Other: professional development, such as how to break into working in industry
ASHG invites exhibitors to program 30-minute mini-sessions. Several slots are available daily in each theater. Exhibitors could present:
- Product theaters
- Patient perspectives
- Best practices
- Q&A with a rock-star scientist on your staff or an affiliate
- Panel to discuss the future of industry
The sky is the limit in these sessions; make them memorable! Want to talk through ideas? Let’s set up a time to talk!
Exhibitor Fee: $4,000 | Non-exhibitor fee: $6,000
CoLab Lunchtime Slot
ASHG invites exhibitors to program 45-minute lunchtime CoLabs. Time slots are exclusive during the daily lunch period.
Exhibitor Fee: $5,000 | Non-exhibitor fee: $7,000
CoLab Technical Details
Each CoLab theater is a turnkey education solution – no ordering special equipment or setup. Your speaker can walk up to the podium, plug in, and present.
- 70” screen
- data projector with laptop connection (note: Wi-fi is not available in the theater)
- microphone – lavaliere and podium for speaker
- On-site A/V tech support
- seating for 60 attendees
Remember that presentation slots are short, so don’t be too reliant on slides.
- Online Schedule of Events on meeting website
- Official ASHG 2020 Mobile App
- One promotional email highlighting the theaters and all sessions within, sent by ASHG, in September to pre-registered attendees
- Signage in Exhibit Hall
ASHG will contact you once your application is submitted to confirm receipt. ASHG will assign CoLab session slots in early June and organizers will get confirmation with time slot and invoice. Once your CoLab has been accepted, payment will be due two weeks after that date.
|May 20||No fee|
|July 1||50% of CoLab fee penalty|
|July 31||100% penalty and session may be in print|
CoLab session fees are due within four weeks of assignment. ASHG will supply all details for payment at time of assignment. If fees are not received within four weeks of assignment, the session will be cancelled. CoLab sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis. ASHG must approve topics and speakers for each session. ASHG cannot guarantee topic exclusivity but will work with the sponsor on the best time slot for their session. ASHG reserves the right to reject proposed sessions in part or in whole, with or without giving cause. CoLab sponsors are not permitted to present any CME/CE-accredited education or activity. Admission to CoLabs will be by official ASHG 2020 scientific or exhibitor badges obtained upon registration. CoLab speakers must be badged as scientific or exhibitor attendees. Any logistics related to the sponsor’s speakers (housing, registration, transportation, etc.) will be handled by sponsor; ASHG will not make any arrangements. Sessions may not run more than five minutes over the allotted time; if they do, ASHG will stop the presentation at that time. CoLab sponsors agree to comply with all ASHG 2020 exhibitor and exhibit hall rules, regulations, terms, and conditions found at (www.ashg.org/2020meeting/), the Exhibitor Service Kit, these CoLab guidelines, terms, and conditions. If a sponsor or any of its representatives violates these, ASHG may cancel the session with full penalty and reserves the right to limit or prohibit future CoLab session participation at future events.