Please read our announcement here from ASHG President Gail P. Jarvik, MD, PhD.
No, ASHG is fully committed to hosting a virtual meeting in 2021 and there will be no in-person or hybrid events (i.e. part virtual, part in-person) scheduled in conjunction with the 2021 Virtual Meeting.
Our 2022 Annual Meeting is currently scheduled to convene in Los Angeles as planned on October 25-29. More details will be available in late 2021 / early 2022.
Our standard registration deadline for Industry Partners is August 15. Place your virtual partnership orders online through A2Z here before prices go up!
Partner registrations close on September 15, and wait lists for tiers will be absorbed. Reach out to email@example.com if you need assistance registering.
No, industry speaking opportunities on the official meeting agenda are offered exclusively to our Virtual Meeting Partners.
Any interested companies may purchase advertising on our website, The SNP newsletter, and other opportunities through our partnership with Tristar Event Media (mobile app, etc.). These ads can be purchased through our A2Z Sponsorship Gallery.
Most advertising opportunities within the Freeman meeting platform during the 2021 Virtual Meeting are offered exclusively to our Virtual Meeting Partners. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We greatly appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our industry partners as we shifted our 2020 Annual Meeting to its final virtual format, and we are happy to assist you with allocating your remaining rollover funds to best fit your budget.
Please allocate your rollover funds by June 30, 2021, toward your preferred option:
- Use the full balance of your 2020 rollover funds towards the purchase of new partnership packages, advertising, and/or other engagement opportunities for the 2021 Virtual Meeting.
- Use the full balance of your 2020 rollover funds towards 2021 digital advertising and listings on the new ASHG Industry Resources page – contact email@example.com for details!
- Refund your 2020 funds via check, minus a 10% administrative fee of your original 2020 order total.
- Re-rollover your 2020 funds towards the 2022 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, minus a 5% administrative fee of your original 2020 order total.
Note: Funds not allocated by June 30, 2021 will be automatically rolled over for use toward the 2022 Annual Meeting, minus the appropriate administrative fees. Any funds rolled over to the 2022 Annual Meeting must be allocated by 3/31/2022 toward 2021-2022 meeting packages, advertisements, etc., or the remaining balance will be refunded minus the refund admin fee.
Download our prospectus here to see current tier pricing and inclusions, and place your virtual partnership orders online through A2Z here.
- Sara Whitney CAPM, ASHG Exhibit Management – event host, industry partner management
- Freeman – OEP virtual meeting platform and help desk
- Remo – virtual networking platform (using for pre-meeting Forum sessions, mid-meeting networking and after-hours events, and post-meeting sessions)
- A2Z Events – virtual partner EMS portal (submit orders for partner packages and advertisements, make payments, etc.)
(Subject to Change, See Official Schedule)
|Tuesday, October 12
*Career Development Day*
|10:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 13
*Industry Connections Day*
|10:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Monday, October 19
*Industry New Tech Day*
|10:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Meeting Week||Hours (Eastern)|
|Monday, October 18
*Poster Presentations Day*
|10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 19||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 20||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 21||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Friday, October 22||10:30 am – 5:00 pm|
*These high-level dates and deadlines will be updated as we collect requirements from Freeman around deliverables and upload times.*
- June 12: Extended abstract submission deadline Past!
- August 6: Ancillary Event application deadline, submit requests here!
- August 15: CoLab titles and descriptions due for review and approval, submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 30: Early bird meeting registration deadline, register here
- Late August/early September: Late-breaking abstract submissions, deadline TBD
- Late August/early September: Content for partner pages, CoLabs, etc. due, upload to Freeman OEP, deadline TBD
- May 31: Priority sign ups, 10% deposit due upon signing Past!
- June 15: 50% of total package payment amount due Past!
- June 30: Rollover partners deadline for allocating leftover 2020 funds (see FAQ for details)
- July 23: Cancellation/tier reduction deadline
- Must submit request in writing to email@example.com
- Subject to 50% cancellation fees
- No refunds for requests received after July 23
- August 1: Full/remaining package payment amount due
- August 15: Regular price deadline on tier packages (10% late-join premium after August 15)
- September 15: Partner registrations close
- October 1: Partners with outstanding balances will not be granted access to meeting platforms until paid in full!
ASHG encourages attendees to participate in networking, marketing communications, and other social activities as part of their meeting participation, but ASHG does not require attendees to opt-in to these activities in order to register or participate in our Annual Meetings. Our registration form features an opt-in networking question, and our terms and conditions outline how their contact information will be collected and shared with our industry partners. Attendees are also notified during registration that they may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
Lead data collected by the OEP platform will include name, email, company, title, city, state, country, and zip (more TBD). This data is collected from attendees who actively engage with your page, materials, on-demand videos, and live sessions, as well as from attendees who volunteer this information through completing the “Drop a Business Card” and “Request Meeting” links on your partner page.
Partners are permitted to gather your own leads during the meeting, but ASHG does not share our full meeting attendee/registration lists. Beware of solicitations claiming to have ASHG registration lists, these are scams!
Yes, we encourage this! We ask all exhibitors to please submit to ASHG what they will be giving away as well as how many total prizes they plan to give away. ASHG will then create a list of prizes and giveaways to post in the virtual platform for attendees to view throughout the week. Please complete the Virtual Promotion & Giveaway Submission Request form here.
You can add a limited number of links to external sources on your dedicated partner page within the OEP meeting platform, quantities depending on your partnership tier. You can also upload a limited number of videos directly to your partner page, depending on your partnership tier (typically 10 minutes or shorter).
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Still have questions on partnering virtually?
Email us at email@example.com.