Please read our announcement here from ASHG President Gail P. Jarvik, MD, PhD.
No, ASHG is fully committed to hosting a virtual meeting in 2021 and there will be no in-person or hybrid events (i.e. part virtual, part in-person) scheduled in conjunction with the 2021 Virtual Meeting.
Our 2022 Annual Meeting is currently scheduled to convene in Los Angeles as planned on October 25-29. More details will be available in late 2021 / early 2022.
Virtual Partner Registrations are SOLD OUT!
Our standard registration deadline for Industry Partners is August 15. Place your virtual partnership orders online through A2Z here before prices go up!
Partner registrations close on September 15 or when all tiers sell out, whichever comes first. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance registering.
No, industry speaking opportunities on the official meeting agenda are offered exclusively to our Virtual Meeting Partners.
Any interested companies may purchase advertising on our website, The SNP weekly member newsletter, and ASHG marketing emails to registered attendees; these ads can be purchased through our A2Z Sponsorship Gallery. We are proud to offer additional ad opportunities through our partnership with Tristar Event Media (mobile app, etc.); you can see the TriStar rate card here.
We are currently offering one exclusive chatbot sponsorship within the Freeman meeting platform (see our A2Z Sponsorship Gallery for details), but are unable to offer additional advertising within the meeting platform.
We greatly appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our industry partners as we shifted our 2020 Annual Meeting to its final virtual format, and we are happy to assist you with allocating your remaining rollover funds to best fit your budget.
Please allocate your rollover funds by June 30, 2021, toward your preferred option:
- Use the full balance of your 2020 rollover funds towards the purchase of new partnership packages, advertising, and/or other engagement opportunities for the 2021 Virtual Meeting.
- Use the full balance of your 2020 rollover funds towards 2021 digital advertising and listings on the new ASHG Industry Resources page – contact email@example.com for details!
- Refund your 2020 funds via check, minus a 10% administrative fee of your original 2020 order total.
- Re-rollover your 2020 funds towards the 2022 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, minus a 5% administrative fee of your original 2020 order total.
Note: Funds not allocated by June 30, 2021 will be automatically rolled over for use toward the 2022 Annual Meeting, minus the appropriate administrative fees. Any funds rolled over to the 2022 Annual Meeting must be allocated by 3/31/2022 toward 2021-2022 meeting packages, advertisements, etc., or the remaining balance will be refunded minus the refund admin fee.
Download our prospectus here to see current tier pricing and inclusions, and place your virtual partnership orders online through A2Z here.
- Sara Whitney CAPM, ASHG Exhibit Management – event host, industry partner management
- Freeman – OEP virtual meeting platform and help desk
- Remo – virtual networking platform (using for pre-meeting Forum sessions, mid-meeting networking and after-hours events, and post-meeting sessions)
- A2Z Events – virtual partner EMS portal (submit orders for partner packages and advertisements, make payments, etc.)
Subject to change, please see the official schedule in our Online Planner.
|Professional Development & Industry Technology Forum||Hours (Eastern)|
|Tuesday, October 12
*Career Development Day*
|10:30 am – 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 13
*Industry Connections Day*
|10:30 am – 4:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 14
*Industry New Tech Day*
|10:30 am – 3:00 pm|
|Meeting Week||Hours (Eastern)|
|Monday, October 18
*Poster Presentations Day*
|10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday, October 19||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 20||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 21||10:30 am – 7:00 pm|
|Friday, October 22||10:30 am – 5:00 pm|
*These high-level dates and deadlines will be updated as we collect requirements from Freeman around deliverables and upload times.*
- June 12: Extended abstract submission deadline Past!
- July 20: Schedule preferences for live speaking sessions due, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 30: Early bird meeting registration deadline, register here
- September 1: Ancillary Event application deadline extended, submit requests here!
- All final event links due September 15
- September 1: Session titles and descriptions due for review and approval, submit here
- Applies to all live and on-demand (video only) CoLabs, the 60-minute Industry Education sessions, and sessions in the pre-meeting Professional Development & Industry Technology Forum.
- Topics are entirely up to you, this simply helps us ensure the topics/products are largely scientific in nature and/or related to the industry per standard ASHG meeting guidelines.
- Your title and description will give us content to promote your session in the official online planner!
- Lightning talks are not subject to approvals, but we encourage you to send your lightning talk titles and descriptions so we can promote these sessions in the planner, as well.
- September 14: Late-breaking abstract submissions, register here
- October 1: On-demand CoLab video files due, please send via https://wetransfer.com/ directly to email@example.com
- October 5: Content for Freeman meeting platform due directly to Freeman (downloadable content, videos, company info/description, etc.)
- September 30: Promotion and giveaway requests due, submit here
- May 31: Priority sign ups, 10% deposit due upon signing
- June 15: 50% of total package payment amount due
- June 30: Rollover partners deadline for allocating leftover 2020 funds (see FAQ for details)
- July 23: Cancellation deadline
- Must submit request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject to 50% cancellation fees
- No refunds for requests received after July 23
- August 1: Full/remaining package payment amount due
- August 15: Standard registration deadline on tier packages (10% late-join premium after August 15)
- September 15: Partner registrations close, waitlists will be absorbed
- October 1: Partners with outstanding balances will not be granted access to meeting platforms until paid in full!
ASHG encourages attendees to participate in networking, marketing communications, and other social activities as part of their meeting participation, but ASHG does not require attendees to opt-in to these activities in order to register or participate in our Annual Meetings. Our registration form features an opt-in networking question, and our terms and conditions outline how their contact information will be collected and shared with our industry partners. Attendees are also notified during registration that they may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
Lead data collected by the OEP platform will include name, email, company, title, city, state, country, and zip (more TBD). This data is collected from attendees who actively engage with your page, materials, on-demand videos, and live sessions, as well as from attendees who volunteer this information through completing the “Drop a Business Card” and “Request Meeting” links on your partner page.
Partners are permitted to gather your own leads during the meeting, but ASHG does not share our full meeting attendee/registration lists. Beware of solicitations claiming to have ASHG registration lists, these are scams!
Yes, we encourage this! We ask all exhibitors to please submit to ASHG what they will be giving away as well as how many total prizes they plan to give away. ASHG will then create a list of prizes and giveaways to post in the virtual platform for attendees to view throughout the week. Please complete the Virtual Promotion & Giveaway Submission Request form here.
You can add a limited number of links to external sources on your dedicated partner page within the OEP meeting platform, quantities depending on your partnership tier. You can also upload a limited number of videos directly to your partner page, depending on your partnership tier (typically 10 minutes or shorter).
Reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Still have questions on partnering virtually?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.