ASHG 2021 abstract confirmations were sent on August 9. Check the online planner to view the complete program. The late breaking abstract submission site will open August 16 and abstracts are due September 14 at 8pm ET. Click here for additional details.
ASHG gratefully acknowledges the expertise, hard work, and dedication of the 2021 Abstract Reviewers.
Presenter Guidelines Coming Soon!
Rules and Policies
ACCME Accreditation Requirements and Guidelines
After the June 10 deadline, abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee, plus three independent reviewers for each topic category. The Committee programs abstracts as follows:
- Abstracts are reviewed to ensure they have been submitted to the correct topic category. If not, the abstract is moved to a more appropriate topic, where it can be reviewed by the appropriate experts.
- Each abstract is reviewed by four reviewers. This review step is blinded and strictly confidential. Each reviewer scores the abstracts independently, without knowledge of the name(s) and institution(s) of the submitter(s) or the scores given by the other reviewers.
- In July, the Program Committee meets to assign abstracts to Plenary, Platform, and Poster Sessions based on the cumulative score as well as the impact of the science and the balance of topics for ASHG’s multi-disciplinary audience.
- The top-scoring abstracts are considered for inclusion in the Plenary Sessions.
- Approximately 200 abstracts are selected for oral, Platform Sessions. The majority of Platform Sessions are organized around specific themes and are intended to be focused, cohesive, and informative. When possible, the Program Committee will also design multi-disciplinary and/or cross-topic sessions.
- The remaining accepted abstracts are assigned to posters, and the top-scoring poster abstracts are awarded the Reviewers’ Choice designation. A subset of the Reviewers’ Choice is highlighted during the Poster Talks.
- The Program Committee reserves the right to decline a presentation to any submitted abstracts that lack scientific content or merit, or that merely announce the availability of a resource or service.
- Abstract acceptance notifications will be sent to authors in August. Abstracts are programmed into the following session types:
- Featured Plenary Abstract Talks
- Concurrent Platform (Oral) Sessions
- Poster Sessions
- First (presenting) authors are expected to register and attend the ASHG 2021 Virtual Meeting. Substitution of the first (presenting) author in platform and plenary presentations requires prior written approval from the Program Committee Chair.
- Abstracts selected for presentation will be available on September 8, 2021. The meeting website will include a searchable program and an individualized meeting itinerary planner after the abstracts have been posted online. All content being presented at the ASHG 2021 Virtual Meeting will be embargoed until the date and start time of the presentation. Please review the Embargo Guidelines and Abstract Licensing Agreement/Copyright Policy for more information.