The ASHG 2021 Virtual Meeting platform is mobile responsive allowing you to access content on any device (laptops, desktops, handheld tablets, and smartphones). The meeting will feature both live and pre-recorded sessions that registered attendees can view beginning the first day of the meeting. The best parts of the ASHG in-person meeting will translate to virtual, plus some exciting new features. Attendees can expect a vibrant environment with new enhanced features to help you achieve your professional development goals. The virtual platform will:
- Allow for great opportunities for you to interact with fellow attendees to just say hello or share your excitement about the content. The platform will offer various ways to do this including video chats, meet-ups as well as text chat forums.
- Provide an environment where you can navigate to the content you want, anytime you want.
- The scientific “rooms” will be the place to go for all of your scientific content (plenary sessions, concurrent platform and invited sessions).
- Poster sessions and poster talks will be incorporated within the same platform using the same sign-in credentials and designated times for authors to present their work will be incorporated into the schedule
- Start planning your attendance at the ASHG 2021 Virtual Meeting by downloading the mobile app.
- You will have the ability to personalize your profile, supply a photo, email other attendees, and even send an electronic business card.
- As with last year’s Virtual Meeting, the platform will be hosted on a website, so you simply need a URL and internet connection to take part, which means you can participate on any type of internet-connected device (e.g., mobile phone, tablet, computer, etc.). The URL for accessing the platform will be emailed to all registrants right before the start of the meeting in mid-October 2021.
All events are held in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). Once each event has occurred, it will be available to view on-demand for up to 90 days, although please note that the schedule was set to be inclusive of as many time zones as possible.
No matter what your area of specialization, we want to see you at the ASHG 2021 Virtual Meeting! Save the date and remember to register on May 3!
ASHG is partnering with the international film and broadcasting company WebsEdge to produce ASHG TV, a unique platform to learn about cutting-edge research and science, as well as draw attention to the hard work of human genetics professionals.
Each daily episode has two features:
- Conference News: Interviews, session highlights, and key content for meeting attendees centered around what is happening in the field
- In-Depth Reports: Five-minute, documentary-style films highlighting programs, case studies and best practices from the field of human genetics
As the virtual meeting television partner, you can watch the daily ASHG TV shows on the ASHG virtual meeting platform and website, via YouTube, as well as find highlights on social media channels.
Leading up to the Annual Meeting, WebsEdge will reach out to organizations to discuss the opportunity of producing an in-depth documentary film about their work, to be included in ASHG TV 2021.
Only a limited number of organizations will be featured in ASHG TV 2021 and there is a cost to participate. If you are interested in learning more about having a film produced for ASHG TV, please contact Chloe Fikouhi.