ASHG 2023 Scientific Program and Schedule of Events
ASHG 2023 will take place Wednesday, November 1 through Sunday, November 5 in Washington, DC. The meeting provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of cutting-edge science in all areas of human genetics. ASHG members and scientists from around the world are selected to present their research findings at invited, plenary, platform, and poster sessions. We hope you submit your abstract and join us at the largest human genetics gathering in the world.
This year’s meeting will also be an unmatched opportunity to celebrate ASHG’s 75th organizational anniversary in a historical, diverse, and welcoming city home to many free activities.
The program consists of an exciting 5-days of cutting-edge content in human genetics and genomics including:
- 3,000+ abstract-driven posters.
- 15 abstract-driven Plenary talks.
- 328 abstract-driven Platform talks.
- 16 Invited sessions.
- The Presidential Symposium: Delivering on the Promise and Future of Genetic and Genomic Medicine, Not a Sisyphean Task on Friday, November 3 at 5:30 pm.
- The Distinguished Speaker Symposium: The Future of Human Genetics and Genomics on Sunday, November 5 at 11:30 am.
- Interactive Workshops on Wednesday, November 1 (advance ticketed purchase required).
- A special 75th Anniversary Celebration on Saturday, November 4 at the Ronald Reagan International Building (advance ticket purchase required).
- Career Development Events such as Behind-the-Scenes Publications Workshop on Saturday, November 4 and a panel discussion on “The Confidence Factor: Thriving in your career” on Friday, November 4 (advance ticket purchase required).
- The Trainee Networking Reception on Wednesday, November 1 (advance ticket purchase required).
- A Diversity Equity and Inclusion Luncheon and Reception on Thursday, November 2 (advance ticket purchase required).
- Introducing Frameworks for Population Descriptors in Genomics Research on Friday, November 3 (advance ticket purchase required).
- Networking opportunities for collaboration with an interdisciplinary network of emerging and leading scientists through Inspiration Lounges, ancillary events and Industry-driven technology solutions in the exhibit hall, CoLab, and Industry Education sessions.
Learn more about