In 2019, ASHG issued a statement outlining whether, and to what extent, there is a responsibility to recontact genetic and genomic research participants when new findings emerge that suggest their genetic information should be interpreted differently.
- Webinar: Exploring the Responsibility to Recontact (June 2019)
- Position Statement: Responsibility to Recontact Research Participants after Reinterpretation of Genetic and Genomic Research Results (April 2019)
- Flowchart: When Should You Consider Recontacting? (April 2019)
- Press Release: Defining the Responsibility to Recontact Research Participants with New Genetic Findings (April 2019)
- Q&A: Statement Authors Yvonne Bombard and Howard Levy Comment on the Responsibility to Recontact (April 2019)