Posted By: Evelyn Mantegani, Public Education & Engagement Specialist, ASHG
ASHG is happy to provide genetics and genomics employers with the ASHG Career Center. This new and improved online job board provides a wide range of opportunities to recruit and attract first-rate talent with a minimum expenditure of time and resources. Easily browse the resumes and post your job openings for a small fee (ASHG members get a discount!).
(On the hunt for your next position? Check out our tips for job seekers.)
Have you wondered what other features for employers are offered? Here’s how to use the Career Center to most effectively fill your next position and find your future colleague.
Save as an ASHG Member
- If you’re a current ASHG member, you’ll save at least $200 on all job posting rates. Join or renew today!
Effectively Convey the Opportunity
- Choose from six different job posting options – Posting options include bulk posts and varying lengths to post.
- Save time creating your post – Use the provided form to make it easy for you to enter and update your job postings, which will get your posting out to candidates faster.
- Create a video – For an added fee, create professional, 60-second videos to provide key information, brand identification, and a call to action for each of your postings.
Search for and Find Candidates
- Easily collect applications – Enter your corporate website to the posting form to receive all applications directly.
- Contact candidates directly – You can reach out to candidates, mark them as interested, forward a candidate to a colleague, or print a job profile directly from the site.
- Create resume search alerts – Set up a resume search and you’ll receive an email when the right candidate becomes available.
- Easy outreach to candidates – If a job seeker has set up a job alert, the site will automatically contact him or her if your job is a match. Make sure your job titles and descriptions are as complete as possible to enable this feature.
Maximize Your Reach
- Become a Featured Employer –This will increase your exposure through enhancing your job posting, banner ads, and logo visibility. The Premium Employer Page also includes branding tips.
- Use your data to boost your posting – Get detailed information about your job postings, such as views, number of applications, and how any times your job was emailed directly to a job seeker via an alert.
- Access to the Engineering & Science Career Network – Posting your job on our page allows your opening to be listed and viewed nationwide on relevant Engineering and Science partner Career Centers.