Posted By: Mona Miller, Executive Director
The completely redesigned site promotes ASHG’s mission and vision, as well as easy access to essential information about ASHG programs and the benefits of genetics and genomics research.
ASHG is excited to introduce our redesigned website today! It provides users with a fresh design; improves navigation to ASHG’s many programs; highlights the Society’s mission to advance scientific knowledge and health; and adds important technology, functionality, and content. The site was developed with input from internal and external stakeholders and highlights resources identified by visitors to the site as most useful. New features include:
- Easier navigation through a prominent homepage menu. This makes it easier for ASHG members to find their way to important events like the Annual Meeting, as well as the growing array of content about careers, professional development, and scientific learning, all very high priorities for members in the recent member survey.
- A new public-facing section called “Discover Genetics.” It offers a first wave of information on human genetics, and ways people can better engage with genetics and understand how their genes shape development and health. As the Society’s public engagement work grows, this section can become a destination for more information about the benefits of genetics and genomics research for people everywhere.
- A stronger presence for public advocacy and policy, ensuring members can easily access ASHG’s priority topics and ways to engage in advocacy. It is also easier to search for testimony, comments and letters to legislators, policy statements, and material by topic and year.
- More visibility of you, ASHG members! We seek to convey the community’s scientific interests, passions, diversity, and leadership. Look for more in coming months as we expand our focus on communicating how members are advancing research and health every day.
- Enhanced search capabilities, more ability to surface related content of interest to visitors, and improved logged-in experience. This will help ASHG members and non-members to participate in ASHG-sponsored meetings, webinars, and programs, enabling users to process registration and tailor their membership more quickly and efficiently.
It’s a great foundation for the future, and we look forward to building it out further in coming years. The site is one element of ASHG’s commitment to effective communication about and support for the field. It will add to the Society’s prominent social media presence, new member newsletters, the longtime trainee newsletter, and enhanced communication about novel programs.
As we grow, we welcome feedback on what is working well and what we can do even better in our communication. Questions or comments? Please let us know!