ASHG Connect is ASHG’s newest member benefit: an online community and Shared Interest Groups (SIGs). This is where you can actively Connect, Communicate, and Collaborate with fellow ASHG members, staff, and leadership plus meet others with similar ideas, interests, and issues.
ASHG Connect has been brought forward thanks to the work of ASHG’s Membership Engagement Committee. The Committee has stressed the importance of being able to communicate with peers professionally and ASHG Connect was implemented. We hope that through regular dialogue and information sharing, you will form new, stronger professional and personal connections within the scientific community.
Review the ASHG Connect instructional video to learn tips and tricks of how best to navigate the platform.
There will be three Shared Interest Groups (SIGs) to start. Members may join one or more SIG:
- Bioinformatics and Computational Methods
- Mission: The Bioinformatics & Computational Approaches community is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Computational Approaches, Combining methods together (GWAS with RNAseq with ATAC-seq, etc.), Statistical Genetics, Informatics, Polygenic risk scores.
- Phenotypes & Genotypes
- Mission: The Phenotypes & Genotypes community is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Medical genomics, Clinical utility of genomic diagnostics, Variant curation and interpretation research and validation, Gene discovery, Animal models.
- Emerging Laboratory Technologies
- Mission: The Emerging Laboratory Technologies community is a committed space to discuss the following topics: Wet Lab Approaches, Advances in functional genomics, Omics (molecular effects of variants) technologies, Biological mechanisms, Gene editing/Sequencing technologies.
Sign up for a SIG today following these instructions.
Current ASHG Members:
- Complete the SIG Signup Form.
- Indicate which SIGs you would like to join and click Submit.
- You should be able to access the SIG immediately when you login to ASHG Connect.
- In order to access ASHG Connect, you will need to become a member.
- Navigate here to join or renew your membership.
- Once you have selected your membership type, you will be asked if you want to add anything additional to your membership. This is where you can select which SIG you want to join.
- After you complete the transaction, you should be able to access the SIG immediately when you login to ASHG Connect.
ASHG Connect Resources