Dear ASHG 2021 Registrants,
The ASHG 2021 Annual Meeting is almost here! We look forward to seeing you online from October 18-22 for an exciting five days of science, networking, and much more. Before you join us, we want to provide you with all the necessary tips and information to ensure you have the best experience!
The platform will officially open today, Thursday, October 14 at 3:30 PM EDT to enable you time to get yourself acquainted with the platform. Your ASHG account username is the same email address you use to log into your ASHG account. If you forgot your password, you can reset it by clicking “Forgot my password.” You will then receive a password reset email from “firstname.lastname@example.org”. If you continue to run into issues resetting or have questions about your account, contact email@example.com. Look for a follow-up email that helps you know what email address is connected to your ASHG Account.
Check Your Computer Settings
To make sure you can dive right into all the great annual meeting content, do a quick system check to make sure your computer is ready! Here are some helpful tips to make the most of your experience:
- Clear your cache before you login as a best practice.
- Use Chrome or Firefox and make sure they are up-to-date to access the meeting. The platform will not work on Edge/Internet Explorer.
- Disconnect from your VPN, if you are using one.
- Ensure your internet connectivity is working.
- If you do experience issues, contact Virtual Platform support desk to assist you.
How to Navigate & Explore New Platform Features
This year’s conference has a host of new platform features from new technology and industry presentations to expansive networking opportunities. To help you navigate these new features to make the best of your meeting experience view our tutorial library to get yourself familiar with them.
- What’s different in 2021?
- How to network in the Virtual Meeting
- How to access Lightning Talks/CoLabs
- How to claim CME/CEU credit?
- How to use the Online Planner
Note: All meeting content will be available for up to 90 days following its scheduled presentation at the ASHG Annual Meeting. Only registered meeting attendees will have access to the on-demand content.
Set Your Schedule and Get Organized
There are several ways to plan your schedule for the week:
- Create an account using the online planner. Once built you can download it to your own personal calendar.
- Use the Mobile App to build your schedule, it is available for download in Google Play and Apple app stores.
- Build your schedule directly in the platform.
Network With Your Colleagues
You asked and we listened! This year you can expect to see new and improved networking opportunities for you throughout each day! Here are a few examples:
- Morning and evening receptions and events
- Lightning Talks and CoLabs hosted by Industry Partners
- Morning coffee chats
- Chats in all ASHG sessions
- Daily Inspiration Lounges to continue the dialogue with invited speakers
Learn more about what you can expect here.
If you need help at any time, please do not hesitate to contact our Virtual Meeting Platform support desk, which is accessible from the footer on the virtual platform. For ASHG specific questions, please refer to the internal team’s email list to determine which department to connect with.
We know 2021 has been yet another unprecedented and difficult year, but we are so glad you have chosen to join us for what will be an exciting and innovative virtual conference. We thank you for your shared commitment and support of ASHG’s mission to advance human genetics and genomics in science, health, and society through excellence in research and education.
We look forward to “seeing” you online next week!
ASHG Meetings Services Team
If you have any questions, or need assistance prior to the live days, please contact the ASHG Meetings Services Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation & Credits
The ASHG 2021 Annual Meeting has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) and the American Society of Human Genetics (ASHG). PIM is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. PIM designates this other (virtual events) activity for a maximum of 18.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
P.A.C.E.® Accreditation Statement
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine has been approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E.® Program. This program is approved for up to 16.50 ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® contact hours. Sessions must be attended live to receive P.A.C.E. credit.
For further information, you can view our website.