Formerly the Online Programs and Professional Education Working Group, the Digital Learning Committee (DLC) will provide input to staff to build and maintain an ongoing year-round professional education program that serves members in their identified need to “keep up with emerging findings,” as well as coordinating with other committees on content related to career development, advocacy, public education, and related content. Programs will prioritize scientific and research content, and focus on creation of virtual events and formats – topics might draw from successful Annual Meeting sessions; include scientific workshops; AJHG and HGGA emerging content; etc. Content shall also be developed in concert with AJHG and HGGA. The DLC will also explore new digital content formats as they become widely used, such as podcasts or tweetorials, to serve as methods of engagement with/information delivery for ASHG members.
Committee Group: Scientific & Research Excellence, along with the Program Committee and Professional Practice & Social Implications Committee.
2022 Committee Members
- Chair: Chris Gunter, PhD, National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI)
- Incoming Chair: Ninad Oak, PhD, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Ky’Era Actkins, BS, Vanderbilt University Medical Center/Meharry Medical College
- Christine Beck, PhD, University of Connecticut Health/JAX Lab
- Eddie Cano Gamez, PhD, Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics
- Clement Chow, PhD, University of Utah
- Olivia Corradin, PhD, Whitehead Institute/MIT
- Beryl Cummings, PhD, Third Rock Ventures
- Elizabeth Leslie, PhD, Emory University
- Elisha Roberson, PhD, Washington University
- Anne Slavotinek, MD/PhD, University of California San Francisco
- Matilde Valeria Ursini, PhD, IGB-CNR