The Awards Committee’s charge is to showcase and promote scientific excellence by recommending the recipients of the Society’s awards to the Board of Directors for approval. It will consider scientific excellence, professional citizenship and stewardship, and diversity as factors in its recommendations.
Committee meets by telephone in June to review and make recommendations for the Society award recipients; in August by telephone to select the Epstein Award semi-finalists and finalists; and in October at the Annual Meeting to select the Epstein Award winners.
2020 Committee Members
- Chair: Uta Francke, MD, Stanford University
- Nadav Ahituv, PhD, University of California, San Francisco
- Sudha Iyengar, PhD, Case Western Reserve University
- France Gagnon, MsC, PhD, University of Toronto
- Ha Eun Kong, BS/BA, Emory University
- Naomichi Matsumoto, PhD, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine
- Dharambir Sanghera, PhD, University of Oklahoma
- Ronnie Sebro, PhD, University of Washington
- Shamil Sunyaev, PhD, Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Gert-Jan van Ommen, PhD, Leiden University Medical Center
- Xinchen Wang, PhD, Columbia University