Beware of Unauthorized Hotel Solicitations
ASHG’s official housing vendor is onPeak. Attendees and exhibitors should be cautious of other companies that:
- Call you directly and claim they are official housing partners and have the best rates for Houston. ASHG and onPeak will never call you directly.
- Claim to be affiliated with ASHG by offering discounted hotel rates, which often can be too good to be true.
- Ask you to provide your contact information and credit card details, and require full pre-payment in advance.
- Claim to have availability at their advertised hotels, but may take the money for the rooms, then later cancel without refund to you.
When booking your hotel for the meeting, please be sure that you are booking through a credible source and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are approached by a company making the above claims. The following companies have previously solicited attendees and exhibitors for hotel rooms and should be ignored:
- Business Travel Bureau
- The Convention Housing Authority
- Convention Housing
- Convention Housing Services
- Convention Rooms
- CMI Event Travel
- Exhibition Housing Services
- Exhibition Housing
- Exhibitors Housing Management
- Global Expo Travel
- Global Housing Management
- Global Housing Services, Corp
- Gulliver Travels
- HLS Global
- Individual Housing, LLC
- National Travel Associates
- Matrix Congress Housing
Remember: the only company affiliated with ASHG for hotel rooms is onPeak. OnPeak staff is available to help you by phone at (800) 219-8916 or (312) 527-7300, or via their online form for assistance via email.