ASHG Tax ID: 52-1419397
The registration fee to attend the ASHG 2018 Annual Meeting includes access to scientific sessions, the Exhibit & Poster Hall and CoLabs, the ASHG Career Center, plenary sessions, ticketed workshops and trainee events, and frequent networking opportunities.
Already registered? To access your receipt, add ticketed events, or sign up for continuing education credits, visit the Registration Resource Center.
Scientific registration is located in the San Diego Convention Center, Lobby D. Hours (subject to change):
|Tuesday, October 16:||10:00 am-6:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 17:||7:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 18:||7:00 am-5:00 pm|
|Friday, October 19:||8:30 am-5:00 pm|
|Saturday, October 20:||8:30 am-11:00 am|
You will not receive your badge prior to the meeting, but will receive an email that has a barcode. There will be kiosks set up to print your badge upon your arrival at the San Diego Convention Center. Please bring your receipt that includes your bar code with you. If you do not receive your barcode all you will need is your 6 digit badge number found in your email confirmation. Please visit our Registration Resource Center to obtain this confirmation. Badges must be worn at all times. Should you lose your badge, replacement badges will be available for purchase in the on-site registration areas.
Did you know that becoming a member of ASHG not only pays for itself in discounted meeting registration, but you also receive invitations to special members-only events, access to The American Journal of Human Genetics, and membership in the largest society of human geneticists worldwide? Your membership supports advocacy efforts and educational programs, and connects you to colleagues worldwide. Click here to Join or Renew.
All fees are shown in U.S. dollars.
(Through Aug. 21)
(Aug. 22 - Oct. 15)
(Starting Oct. 16)
|ASHG Member (Student/Trainee)||$200||$300||$320|
|ASHG Member (Emeritus)||$205||$205||$205|
|One-Day Student/Trainee Registration*||$105||$105||$105|
|One-Day Non-Trainee Registration*||$395||$395||$395|
Fees do not include admission to separate ticketed events (priced per event at $15 for members, $25 for non-members).
Student/Trainee Rates: Postdoctoral fellows and students working toward a degree in human genetics (or an allied field) qualify for this rate.
*Multiple one-day registrations are not permitted. Poster authors, platform speakers, and invited speakers are not eligible for one-day registration.
Guest registration will be available on site only for individuals accompanied by registered attendees. The fee of $130 includes admission to the Networking Reception on Wednesday night and the Exhibit Hall only.
ASHG Tax ID: 52-1419397
Registration payments must be made by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only). We do not process phone or fax registrations. Purchase orders and wire transfers are not accepted.
If the standard registration form does not match your institution's payment requirements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registrants must send a written request and your registration number to email@example.com by September 26, 2018. All cancellations are subject to a nonrefundable processing fee of $75.
Meeting registration cannot be transferred to another person.
Once you have registered, visit the Registration Resource Center to:
- Re-send an email confirmation, or send it to a colleague
- Print a receipt
- Print a Letter of Invitation
- Add ticketed events to your registration
- Add continuing education credits to your registration
- Update your personal information or email address
Find your friends and colleagues by searching among pre-registrants for ASHG 2018!
NOTE: This is an opt-in program, some pre-registrants may not appear in your search.Begin Your Search
Make a strong case for attending ASHG 2018 in San Diego by explicitly connecting your institution's goals, as well as your work and professional development, to the educational opportunities offered.
Draft a Value of Attending Letter to share with your department head:
- Focus on what you will bring back to your home institution (lab, department, university, hospital, etc.)
- Identify sessions tied to your home institution’s goals as well as sessions related to your work and professional development
- Identify exhibiting companies and workshops that have importance to your home institution/career development
- Identify networking and collaboration opportunities
- Prepare a budget with cost-saving strategies: register early, share a room, explore best flight options and daily meal budget, etc.
Use a Tracking Report to document your experience and ROI:
- Document key takeaways from the sessions and workshops you attend, as well as the posters and exhibits you visit
- Prepare a Conference Report to share highlights with your colleagues and to justify your institution's investment