Highlights from ASHG 2017
The American Society of Human Genetics 2017 Annual Meeting was held October 17-21, 2017, in Orlando, Florida. This year’s meeting had a total attendance of 7,480 – including scientific attendees, exhibitors, press, and speakers. It featured a number of New Initiatives, including new events and opportunities.
Webcasts and Slides Available Online
Video recordings of the 2017 Presidential Address and Presidential Symposium are available for viewing. In addition, recordings of Invited Sessions, the ASHG/ESHG Building Bridges Session, and Award Presentations are available in the ASHG web portal. Please note that some speakers declined to have their presentations recorded or posted online.
2017 Meeting Statistics
Total number of meeting attendees: 7,480
- Scientific attendees (members, non-members, speaker, and press): 5,931, 31 percent of whom attended from outside the U.S.
- Exhibit personnel and guests: 1,502
The 2017 scientific program included 13 featured plenary abstract presentations, 360 platform presentations, and more than 2,600 poster presentations. There were also 18 invited sessions and 8 interactive invited workshops.
The 2017 Exhibit Hall featured 334 booths from 236 exhibiting companies.
Looking Ahead to 2018
ASHG looks forward to seeing you next year in San Diego, October 16-20. Key dates and deadlines:
- December 14, 2017: Invited session and workshop proposals due
- April 2018: Abstract submission, registration, and hotel reservations open
- June 7, 2018: Abstracts due