ASHG Tax ID: 52-1419397
Scientific registration is located in the Vancouver Convention Centre.
|Tuesday, October 18:||10:00 am-6:00 pm|
|Wednesday, October 19:||7:30 am-5:00 pm|
|Thursday, October 20:||8:30 am-5:00 pm|
|Friday, October 21:||8:30 am-5:00 pm|
|Saturday, October 22:||8:30 am-10:00 am|
Please visit on-site registration in the Vancouver Convention Centre, West Building, Level 1 to pick up your badge and registration materials. Badges were not mailed this year. The Vancouver Convention Centre is located at 999-1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 0C3.
The ASHG website will serve as the official e-publication of the meeting.The Program will not be mailed in advance. All registered scientific attendees who would like a printed copy of the Program may pick it up in Vancouver starting Tuesday, October 18.
Deadline: September 19, 2016, 5:00 pm Eastern Time
The cancellation deadline has passed to receive a refund for registration. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration payments must be made by credit card (American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa only). Purchase orders and wire transfers are not accepted. Do not fax or mail your registration payment. If you are unable to register online via credit card, please call our Contact Center at 774-247-4003 or email ASHG@xpressreg.net.
All fees are shown in U.S. dollars.
(Through Aug. 18)
(Aug. 19 - Oct. 17)
(Starting Oct. 18)
|ASHG Member1 (Student/Trainee*)||$175||$275||$300|
|One-Day Student/Trainee Registration3||(not available)||$100||$100|
|One-Day Non-Trainee Registration3||(not available)||$375||$375|
Fees do not include admission to separate ticketed events. Children under the age of 18 will be admitted (at no cost) if accompanied by a paying scientific registrant.
1ASHG Member registrants are eligible for the discounted rate if their dues are in good standing (i.e., paid for 2016). To save on meeting registration fees, join ASHG or renew your membership today.
*Students/Trainees (members and non-members) may register at the discounted rates. Postdoctoral fellows and students working toward a degree in human genetics (or an allied field) qualify for the rate, and will be asked to input certain information to meet the criteria. Trainees who register on site should bring a student ID card or a letter signed by their department head to certify current status.
2Check the list of eligible developing countries.
3Attendees (members and non-members) may register at this rate for a one-day registration pass. Rates vary for students/trainees and regular attendees. You can register in this category for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Multiple one-day registrations are not permitted. Poster authors, platform speakers, and invited speakers are not eligible for one day registration.
Registration Updates/Add Events
To review your registration information, make address changes, or have your confirmation resent, use X•PressReg Update. X-PressReg offers you the ability to review your existing registration, add ticketed functions, make changes to your information on file, invite a colleague or friend to register, get a copy of your registration receipt, or resend your confirmation message to someone.
The registration fee to attend the ASHG 2016 Annual Meeting includes these benefits:
- Access to 18 Invited Sessions (scientific, education, and social issues presentations), including the joint ASHG/ESHG Building Bridges session
- Access to 301 Platform Presentations (abstract-driven oral presentations)
- Access to Plenary Sessions featuring presentations of the top 12 scoring abstracts
- Access to the Presidential Address and Presidential Symposium
- Access to the ASHG award presentations: William Allan Award, Curt Stern Award, Victor A. McKusick Leadership Award, Arno Motulsky-Barton Childs Award for Excellence in Human Genetics Education, Advocacy Award, and the new Mentorship Award
- Access to daily Poster Sessions featuring over 3,000 posters
- Entry into the Exhibit Hall featuring over 250 exhibiting companies displaying the latest products, publications, technology/software, and services in genetics
- Ability to earn CME, CEU, and P.A.C.E. credits
- Ability to apply for the Charles J. Epstein Trainee Awards for Excellence in Human Genetics Research
- Ability to apply for the FASEB/MARC Underrepresented Scientist Travel Awards
- Access to ticketed events targeted to trainees
- Access to workshops offered through ASHG, exhibitors, and affiliate organizations
- Access to the on-site ASHG Career Center for free career coaching and employment services
- Opportunities to network with colleagues from around the globe
Make a strong case for attending ASHG 2016 in Vancouver by explicitly connecting your institution's goals, as well as your work and professional development, to the educational opportunities offered by the scientific sessions, workshops, posters, and exhibitors at ASHG 2016. Use the templates below to document the specific return your institution gets from investing in your ASHG experience.
Draft a Value of Attending Letter to share with your department head:
- Focus on what you will bring back to your home institution (lab, department, university, hospital, etc.)
- Identify sessions tied to your home institution’s goals as well as sessions related to your work and professional development
- Identify exhibiting companies and workshops that have importance to your home institution/career development
- Identify networking and collaboration opportunities
- Prepare a budget with cost-saving strategies: register early, share a room, explore best flight options and daily meal budget, etc.
Use a Tracking Report to document your experience and ROI:
- Document key takeaways from the sessions and workshops you attend, as well as the posters and exhibits you visit
- Prepare a Conference Report to share highlights with your colleagues and to justify your institution's investment
Additional Fees Apply. Click here for further details .
|CME Credits (offered though ACCME)||$45|
|CEU Credits for Genetic Counselors (offered though NSGC)||$35|
|CEU Credits for Clinical and Molecular Laboratory Directors(P.A.C.E.®)||$35|
ASHG will offer ticketed events and workshops at various times during the meeting, most of which charge a $25 fee. To attend these events, a separate ticket must be purchased or reserved during the meeting registration process. Limited tickets are available and may sell out early. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Your abstract submission and meeting registration confirmations will include links to generate a customized letter of invitation, which can be used when applying for a visa.
A registration receipt will be provided after you register for the meeting.
Badges will not be mailed in advance. Please visit on-site registration in the Vancouver Convention Centre to pick up your badge and registration materials. Badges must be worn at all times while in the Vancouver Convention Centre. If purchased, tickets to ticketed events will be on your badge. If you forget to wear your badge, you will be asked to purchase a replacement badge.
Meeting registrations cannot be transferred to another person. If the registrant cannot attend the ASHG 2016 Annual Meeting for any reason, his/her registration must be cancelled, and the replacement person must register for the meeting separately.
On Site Only
Guest registration will be available on site only for family members of registered attendees. The fee is $150 per guest and includes admission to the Exhibit Hall and Networking Reception. Guest registration does not include access to scientific sessions. In order to register as a guest, you must be accompanied by a paying scientific registrant. Please go to the guest badge counter (located in the registration area) on site at the meeting during registration hours. Guests will be issued colored badges different from those of scientific registrants.