- ASHG 2015 Annual Meeting
- ACCME Guidelines
ACCME Accreditation Requirements and Guidelines
The ASHG Annual Meeting has been planned and implemented in accordance with the essential areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ACMG) and ASHG. The ACMG is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Therefore, all educational programming is developed and must be presented in compliance with all ACCME accreditation requirements. As you prepare your presentation, please keep these requirements in mind.
- Talks must be free of commercial bias for or against any product. If commercial products are discussed, the session must present objective information about those products, based on generally accepted scientific evidence. Speakers must not engage in the marketing of their product(s) in any way during the presentation. Logos are not permitted on any slides. Moderators have been instructed to intervene if they observe commercial bias.
- The content or format of a CME activity or its related materials must promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial entity. Presentations must give a balanced view of therapeutic options. Use of generic names will contribute to this impartiality. If the educational material or content includes trade names, trade names from several companies should be used when available, not just trade names from a single company.
- All speakers must sign a disclosure statement regarding the existence of any financial interest and/or other relationship(s) they might have with the manufacturer(s) or provider(s) of any commercial product(s) or service(s) or with commercial and academic laboratories that accept samples for testing or develop any laboratory test or test(s) to be discussed during your presentation. Platform presenters completed this disclosure during the abstract process. Invited presenters completed this disclosure through a web link sent by the ASHG office.
- If you have indicated such a relationship, you may be contacted by a member of the Program Committee to request peer review of your presentation. Disclosures of financial relationships will be listed in the Program.
- Authors must include a conflict-of-interest slide as part of their presentations to meet ACCME requirements, even when there is nothing to disclose. This ASHG-approved slide will be inserted automatically as the first slide in the presentation. If you indicated a conflict, the disclosure information you completed during your abstract submission will be used automatically. No further action is required by authors for the conflict-of-interest slide.